Local Incentives Drive Business Success in Wabash County!
"Empower Hour" Lunch & Leadership series
Grow Wabash County and Freedom Academy have partnered to launch the "Empower Hour" Lunch and Leadership series featuring programming on various leadership topics.
The Empower Hour series will be facilitated by E. Jake Gamble. Gamble is an executive coach, corporate trainer, leadership/performance advisor, and underdog advocate. His extensive list of customers includes universities, small businesses, and large scale corporations with annual budgets of $100 million or more.
The series will include workshops and engaging conversations on the following topics:
- June 13 - Keeping It Real (Transparency in Leadership) - Register Here
- July 21 - How Effective Leaders Handle Criticism - Register Here
- August 8 - Creating a Value-Driven Culture - Register Here
- September 12 - Giving and Receiving Feedback - Register Here
- October 10 - Resolving Conflict - Register Here
The workshops will meet from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Grow Wabash County conference room, 214 South Wabash Street in Wabash, IN. Admission for this workshop is $25 per session per person. Lunch will be provided for each session.
Leadership Development Wabash County
The 2022-2023 LDWC cohort is full and underway! Join the waitlist to join the 2023-2024 LDWC cohort by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program invites young professionals and emerging leaders to become resourceful stewards of the community. Over 200 Wabash County leaders have graduated from the LDWC program and continue to serve on local boards, enhance the companies they work for, serve in government positions and ultimately grow as individuals.
The schedule for the 2022-2023 LDWC Cohort is as follows:
- Thursday, Oct. 20 - Manchester University
- Thursday, Nov. 17 - Wabash County Historical Museum
- Thursday, Dec. 15 - Heartland Career Center
- Thursday, Jan. 19 - Ford Meter Box
- Thursday, Feb 17 - Honeywell Center -
- NOTE: The LDWC cohort will meet at 7:30 a.m. on this day to attend Grow Wabash County's State of Our Communities event at the Honeywell Center.
- Thursday, March 17 - Josiah White's
- Thursday, April 21 - Grow Wabash County / Honeywell House
- Thursday, May 19 - Graduation - Eagles Theatre
Grow Wabash County partners with Indiana University Kokomo professors on objectives of learning new leadership skills, creating community awareness, creating stewardship opportunities and more.
Participants will complete two self assessments to better inform the group of each leaders' strengths, challenges and opportunities.
Every participant will be placed in a group with fellow LDWC classmates to plan, prepare and execute a community service program that addresses a need or concern in Wabash County. Each group is required to complete 250 hours of community service related to this project over the course of 8 months culminating in a presentation on their community service projects at graduation.
Category: Workforce Programs
More Workforce Programs