Growth Starts With Us
We are the embodiment of what can happen when like-minded organizations collaborate for the greater good of the community.
We have one vision in mind. We are committed to being the model for small-town America, making a relevant impact on the global community, by offering vibrant cultural experiences, enriching lifestyles, and growing economic opportunities while building on our heritage.
We are the embodiment of what can happen when like-minded organizations collaborate for the greater good of the community. At Grow Wabash County we take the economic development issues our county faces and confront them head-on. Check out some examples of what we have accomplished in our first year:
1. Up-skilled workers for in-demand jobs locally by providing free training opportunities
2. Encouraged young entrepreneurs with INnovate Wabash County high school pitch competition and Business in a Box services
3. Supported land banking and housing development efforts throughout the county
4. Revitalized legacy properties with the intention of bringing new business and employment opportunities
5. Established educational series, Young Professionals of Wabash County group, and NxtGen Leadership high school program to further development of community-driven leaders of all ages
6. Engaged the community to arrest population loss partnering with the Community Foundation of Wabash County
7. Strengthened the concept of border-less communities by commencing the Inaugural State of Our Communities in Wabash County and through participating in regional initiatives
Our 4-Year Project Plan
We plan to foster business development by developing a shell building, undertaking remediation of GDX and other brownfields, and increasing business recruitment into Wabash County.
We will ignite the entrepreneurial spirit in Wabash county by planning for further development of Innovate @INGUARD.
We will improve livability in Wabash County by conducting a comprehensive Population Loss Study and spearheading the redevelopment of housing sites in our communities.
We will support and attract new workforce development opportunities through Wabash Ivy Tech & Heartland Career Center.
We plan to lead a comprehensive Wabash County Marketing Campaign targeting business and talent attraction.
Grow Wabash County is a new organization that strategically combines the county-wide economic development organization and Chamber of Commerce and is a one-stop-shop for business development efforts. The team focuses on five main areas: livability, workforce development, business development, entrepreneurship, and investor services. Grow Wabash County provides local incentives and other benefits to businesses looking to locate or grow here. Leveraging our community assets with regional partners and local municipalities, Grow Wabash County strives to Together, Grow a Prosperous Wabash County. The kind of collaboration needed to achieve their mission is possible because when it comes to economic development, Wabash County cities and towns are all in.
For more information on our plan to grow a more prosperous Wabash County, check out our resources.