NXTGEN Leadership Academy, a program of Wabash County, designed for high school sophomores from Wabash County Indiana. NXTGEN is a premier youth program which will grant students an in-depth look into the community, assist them in building relationships with peers and community leaders and provide training and more. The objective is to provide skills and experiences for our future leaders in hopes they will want to become further engaged now and in the future.
Attendance is required at Orientation, 4 Program Days, and Graduation. Dates subject to change.
Class Days 2019 Fall Term
Class of 2020 Spring Term
August 6th: Orientation 7:00 – 8:00pm
December 10th: Orientation 7:00pm-8:00pm
September 10th: 7:30am-3:00pm
January 14th: 7:30am-3:00pm
October 8th: 7:30am-3:00pm
February 11th: 7:30am-3:00pm
November 12th: 7:30am-3:00pm
March 10th: 7:30am-3:00pm
December 10th: 7:30am-3:00pm
April 21st: 7:30am-3:00pm
December 17th: Graduation 7:00-8:00pm
April 28th: Graduation 7:00-8:00pm
- Attend school in Wabash County Indiana
- Apply as a freshman, for participation in the program during sophomore
- Exhibit leadership qualities, motivation to learn about and become engaged in the community, good character, ethical, dependable, dedicated and
- Commit to required attendance of all program days/events.
- Meet school policy for grades for participation, attendance, and outstanding student success.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a letter of recommendation from principal, counselor, teacher, or coach.
- Final determination of acceptance is made by the building principal.
Accepted into the program:
Program Fee: Commit to a $25 fee as tuition, to be paid by Day 1, and commitment to this program. Breakfast and lunch provided on program days.
In addition to the commitment of time, eligibility, and fees:
- I will be present during the I will be respectful to the speakers, facilitators and my NXTGEN class members by listening, responding and being participatory. I will keep my electronic devices put away and only use during breaks.
- I understand communication will be done via email and available from my school It is my responsibility to review the agenda and information regarding a class day so I am prepared. I also agree to let the Facilitator know of my absence or any issues that will impact my participation.
- I will communicate changes to my contact.
- I will complete the online application and acquire appropriate signatures and approval from my parents/guardians and personnel, along with a letter of recommendation from principal, counselor, teacher, or coach.
- I understand as a member of NXTGEN I represent Grow Wabash County by my actions in person and on social media.
Upon finishing the online application, complete attached signature, liability & photo consent forms, and letter of recommendation, return packet to your counselor by the deadline, May 24, 2019.
Click here to download the complete NXTGEN packet and apply for the 2019 Fall Term.