The Young Professionals of Wabash County (YPWC) group is a member-driven organization that helps young professionals excel in their careers by establishing a thriving network of peers and community-driven individuals within Wabash County. While most members of YPWC are under 40, there is no age restriction.
MISSION: Create a supportive professional network of dynamic relationships that thrive together in Wabash County through networking, philanthropic, educational and community events.
WHEN: We host monthly events with varying times in the morning, lunchtime, and after-hours event plus bonus social events on occasion. Check out upcoming events here.
WHERE: Various locations within Wabash County with the occasional road trip to join other young professional groups in surrounding region.
WHAT: Network. Build a community of peers. Career Builder. Leadership Development. Mentoring. Community Service. Fun! Provide input to our local leaders about the needs of young professionals to increase relevancy of topics and events that matter to us.
JOIN: Simply come to an upcoming event listed below or on our Facebook page or email us with any questions.
Because the Young Professionals of Wabash County is a member-driven organization we want to ensure that you get what you want out of the group so click here to share your feedback and get signed up for our monthly newsletter.
Still not sure if you want to join? Here's a list to help convince you otherwise.
Top Ten Reasons to Join YPWC
- Grow your social capital. There is strength in numbers! Going offline and meeting in person gives you the opportunity to congregate with like-minded professionals, share ideas, build your network and become part of a professional community.
- Develop your leadership skills. When you join a professional group, the opportunities to lead are limitless. Are you great at marketing? Lead your group’s outreach efforts. A pro at finances? Manage the organization’s budget. Plus, you can take your new found leadership skills into your workplace. Share what you’ve learned with your managers, so they can see your leadership potential.
- Learn from your peers. Maybe your profession is engineering, but you love event planning. Or maybe you are interested in growing your managerial skills. Joining a professional group gives you the opportunity to learn from your peers. Take advantage of classes and activities the group offers to grow your knowledge.
- Build a better resume. In your college days, maybe you were in a sorority or student council president. Now, it can be hard to find those resume-building opportunities. Participating in a young professional’s group can be an impressive addition to your resume. It shows an interest in volunteerism and a willingness to take on leadership roles in your community.
- Discover new job opportunities. Experts estimate that between 60-80 percent of jobs are found through personal relationships. There is no better way to forge personal, local relationships than hanging out with young professionals from different industries. Share your goals and keep your eyes and ears open for new opportunities.
- Find a side gig. If you are looking for a little extra work to grow both your income and your experience, a networking group can provide great side gig opportunities for you. Or if your company needs someone to serve as a consultant, you can offer the same side gig opportunity to a member of your group.
- Volunteer your time. Professional networking groups are often focused on giving back and volunteerism.
- Stay inspired. No matter what your profession, staying inspired to grow and innovate can be difficult when you are in an office 40 hours a week. Meeting with like-minded young professionals gives you the opportunity to trade ideas, solve problems and get inspiration that will only help your career.
- Make new friends. Gone are the days when you can find your new bestie bonding over chemistry lab work. Whether you are in a new city or a simply a new phase of your professional life, joining a networking group can connect you with a whole new group of friends.
- Get motivated. Whether your goals are to grow your career and build up your network or to help your community and make new friends, joining these groups can help you stayed motivated to reach your personal, professional and community goals.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see the latest news and our upcoming events.