Serving on one of the Grow Wabash County committees is an excellent opportunity to learn more about our community while putting your expertise to great use locally! If you're interested in volunteering on one of our committees please contact us!
- Salute to Ag Committee - Howard Halderman, Chair
- Agriculture is an incredibly important industry for Wabash County. Not only do our local producers and farm families feed our communities, but their products help to feed people all over the country. In recognition of the impact our ag community has on Wabash County, Grow Wabash County and committee members host the annual Salute to Ag Dinner to celebrate the ag community as well as our local Farm Families that go above and beyond!
- Annual Celebration Dinner Committee
- Every October, Grow Wabash County invites its investors, partners and fellow community members to enjoy an evening of reflection and celebration as we highlight the big wins of the past year as well as recognize our Volunteer of the Year, Business of the Year and, of course, the ever-popular (top secret!) Distinguished Citizen of the Year award.
- Leadership Development Steering Committee - Jim Smith, Chair
- The Leadership Development of Wabash County (LDWC) program is the premier leadership development program in the area. Every year, a cohort of up to 25 young professionals and emerging leaders participate in this 9-month program that allows them to hone their leadership skills, network with their fellow leaders and forge a bond with the Wabash County community that will serve them and the communities for years to come.
- Honor Student Luncheon Committee - Kerri Mattern, Chair
- Grow Wabash County, in its ongoing efforts to retain talent and grow the population, enjoys celebrating Wabash County's best and brightest graduates. This event takes palce every spring and invites the top 20% of students from each high school graduating class to enjoy a meal and connect with students and local professionals that are pursuing or currently work in these students' fields of interest.
- WACCY Golf Committee
- There are few things better than a day on the green in June! This annual golf outing not only helps raise funds for Grow Wabash County projects, but it also allows for our investors and businesses to mingle and bond over a fun day of golf filled with games and challenges to make the 18-hole course just a little bit more interesting!
- Young Professionals of Wabash County, Tenille Zartman, Chair
- The Young Professionals of Wabash County (YPWC) are committed to helping local young professionals connect with each other as well as with local organizations and projects through educational, social and philathropic events.
- Grow Wabash County Executive Committee, Marilyn Custer-Mitchell, Chair
- Our executive committee is made up of board leaders elected annually to be the steering committee for the full board. The main purpose of an executive committee is to facilitate decision-making between board meetings or in urgent and crisis circumstances. It has the power to act on behalf of the full board and is a steering committee for the board. It is comprised of chair, vice chair, treasurer and secretary which each have their own responsibilities for the board as well.
- Grow Wabash County Finance Committee, Gary Larson, Chair
- Our Finance Committee provides financial analysis, advice, and oversight of the organizations financial statements, budget and annual audit. Overall the committees responsibility is to ensure the organization is operating with the financial resources it needs to provide programs and services to the community.
- Grow Wabash County Governance Committee
- Our Governance Committee's basic purpose is to help the board reach its full potential which encompasses a complex set of responsibilities that influence a board's capacity for effective governance. This is the committee that nominates board members.