Celebrate Economic Development Week in Wabash County, Indiana!
8 May 2023
The folks at Grow Wabash County are celebrating economic developers this week! With Spring being a period of growth and life, it is the perfect time to recognize the important work of economic developers.
From May 8th through the 12th during Economic Development Week 2023, we show our appreciation for the economic development organizations that help our communities grow. Economic Development Week provides economic developers with an opportunity to display how they have contributed to their local economy and community throughout the year.
Economic Development Week Explained
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) launched the first Economic Development Week in 2016. The goal was to reach audiences in communities everywhere to direct them to local resources, programs, and other opportunities that create jobs, spur career development, and enhance the quality of life in their communities. Economic Development Week occurs annually during the second week of May.
Economic developers have a common purpose to promote the growth and development of businesses in their communities. Economic Development Week offers a time to reflect on their accomplishments and the strides they have made toward building better local economies.
Resources are available to make this Economic Development Week a success. The IEDC’s 2023 Economic Development Week Toolkit is a guide that economic developers can utilize to help them come up with promotional ideas such as arranging events or preparing promotional material about what their organization offers. Remember to use #EconDevWeek in social posts!
What Grow Wabash County Does for Our Community
Grow Wabash County is focused on the present and future development of businesses throughout Wabash County. From workforce recruitment and business retention to promotional marketing and special events, Grow Wabash County implements a multitude of strategies to help the local economy flourish.
We help our local businesses by creating campaigns, initiatives, certification programs, and training courses that they can benefit from. Below are a few examples of our contributions to Wabash County.
- Grow Wabash County partners with other organizations to launch leadership and professional development programs such as the upcoming Empower Hour Lunch & Learn Series: Session 1.
- We also launched the Growth Starts Here campaign that raised one million dollars to fund programs based on the needs of local employers and residents.
- We are actively involved with the Imagine One 85 initiative efforts to stimulate county growth and prosperity by making improvements to workforce development, housing, and early childhood education in the area.
- We host the INnovate Wabash County competition where students pitch their business and program ideas that people and communities can benefit from.
- We co-hosted the Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit last year and plan to again in Autumn of 2023.
- The staff at Grow Wabash County also promote new businesses in the area on their website and social media. We encourage you to do the same!
Grow Wabash County is committed to the development of local businesses big and small. Wabash County business owners and entrepreneurs are always welcome to contact us for advice. Our team can be reached at (260) 563-5258 or email@example.com.