Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit
Grow Wabash County has the honor of partnering every year with the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership and the Japanese American Society of Indiana (JASI) to host the annual Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit.
The Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit has been an essential aspect in helping Northeast Indiana build a strong and mutually beneficial business relationship with Japan and Japanese-based companies.
Every year's summit includes presentations from industry professionals on a theme that is relevant to the current state of affairs between Indiana and Japan and how these themes will inform future relations between Northeast Indiana and Japan. The summit also features dialogue reagrding the increasing need for a skilled workforce, the understanding of American and Japanese management styles as well as how Northeast Indiana can continue to support Japanese-owned companies in the region.
2022 Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit
Grow Wabash County was honored to host the 2022 Japan-Northeast Indiana Summit on Tuesday, July 19, at the Eagles Theatre in downtown Wabash.
The theme of this year’s summit focused on automotive electrification and the exciting opportunities, as well as some of the challenges, that this growing trend may offer to the region.
This year's summit featured the following speakers:
- Emcee: Chad Ruston, NE Indiana Regional Partnership
- Mayor Scott Long, City of Wabash
- Theresa Kulczak, JASI
- Consul-General Hiroshi Tajima
- Tomofumi Nishizawa, JETRO Chicago
- Bernard Swiecki, Center for Automotive Research
- Ben Wrightsman, Battery Innovation Center
- Rick Doering, Teijin Automotive Technologies
- Ryan Twiss, NE Indiana Regional Partnership
- Keith Gillenwater, Grow Wabash County
- Edmond O'Neal, NE Indiana Works
- Gary Gatman, Noble County EDC
Preparations are already underway for the 2023 Japan-NE Indiana Summit slated for late fall 2023!