A Favorable Tax Environment Favors Growth in Wabash County!
An incredible advantage of working and living in Wabash County is the inherent tax environment present in both the county and the state. Other notable statistics, according to the Tax Foundation, include:
- Indiana State Personal Income Tax: 3.23%, one of the lowest in the United States
- Indiana State Corporate Income Tax: 4.9%, top ten on the state business tax climate index
- Indiana Property Tax: 1-3% capped, second lowest in the United States
- No Inventory Tax, Manufacturing Equipment Tax or Inheritance Tax
- Indiana’s state and local tax burden of 9.5% ranks the state as the 22nd lowest in the country
Wabash County’s favorable tax standing is present across a number of categories, including:
Property tax is levied on both real and personal property with Wabash County residents paying $0.4117 per $100 of assessed value. The total tax rates for cities within Wabash County range from $1.3212 - $4.3787 $ per $100 of assessed value. Residents in Wabash County pay a total sales tax of 7%.
The latest state tax rates and information for Wabash County businesses can be found at the Indiana Department of Revenue, which has also created INtax, a free online tool to manage business tax obligations in Indiana.